Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh...the love for FOOD...Mexican food :)

I LOVE FOOD.....
But I really love Mexican food. If I had one type of food to eat morning noon and night, it would be Mexican food. My favorite thing to cook at home is chicken enchiladas....Oh, it makes my heart happy!!!!! So, I am here to share my recipe for green sauce chicken enchiladas.
First let me apologize because I don't measure ANYTHING....and I never use my timer either...so bare with my "recipe".

I start out with 2 large chicken breasts...I cook them on my George Foreman grill. As they are cooking I cut 1/2 of a yellow onion, grate lots of cheddar cheese and heat up the small corn tortillas.
Let me get on my soap box for a second and tell you how much I LOVE my Presto salad shooter. Every kitchen should have one. It will grate cheese in seconds, cut up cucumbers...really will do anything. Next to my kitchen aid mixer..its my favorite kitchen friend :)

After everything is cut up and prepared, mix the chicken and onion together, put a generous amount in each tortilla and some cheese as well. Roll each up...Pour a small amount Herdez green salsa over the bottom of your Pyrex dish, place each enchilada in pan, pour the rest of the salsa over and top with more cheese and some olives....
Bake on 375 or 400...for about 15-30 min....again I never time anything, I just keep checking the over and when the cheese is bubbly its alllllll good :)

This is how it should look! YUUUUMY. This recipe will make 8 enchiladas....so you can adjust the recipe depending on the size of your family.

While I was preparing all the dinner goodies, I was baking some bread for dessert....yummy pumpkin cranberry bread, will have to share that recipe another time...
Time to EAT!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are Amazing! So happy you share your recipes and your photos.....well that's another story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the crap, now i am craving a green sauce enchilada!! lol, i always see your fb status about going to Mexican for lunch and i drool!! um yes, share that pumpkin cranberry bread recipe, YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will make it my next blog hillary :) Its delicious

    ReplyDelete