Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year...

Well...my New Years resolution is to blog more. I want to try to find time to blog at least once a week...SOOOOOO here we go!
I worked a birthday party for a family on New Years Eve this year. They were all amazing...so inviting and made me feel like part of the family. This is one of the things I love about being a photographer. Meeting new people...hearing their life stories...learning from others! I love to watch moments with people...a husband catching a glimpse of his wife and smiling....a 2 year old running up and hugging his Daddy's legs when he sees him...a mother hugging her son and sharing a laugh about an inside joke!!! All of this I get to not only experience with people but I get to capture those moments! What an honor!
At this party a man walked up to me and said that he was watching me work all night (I know this sounds creepy...but you had to be there cause it soooo was not :)) and said I was a natural at what I do. WOWZERS I thought....how quickly he can give me such a compliment...after asking what he meant and why he thought that, he also said, "You are doing what you are meant to do in life." DOUBLE TRIPLE WOWZERS!!! What a compliment...it made me feel great :)
Maybe more of us should take notice of what people are doing and give them those acknowledgments. What a great feeling it gave me...I can only imagine how others would feel if we all made sure to lift people up that way! So....maybe I have 2 New Years resolutions....1. to blog more and 2. to make sure I notice and tell people when they are doing a good job at something...compliment people more often! Let the new year BEGIN!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment